The upper extremity specialists at Colorado Springs Orthopaedic Group treat disorders and injuries of the arm: hand, wrist, and elbow.
When injury or disease threatens the functionality and viability of your hands and arms, it’s important to seek the best medical care possible. You can find that clinical excellence in Colorado Springs, where our orthopedic upper extremity specialists have access to all the tools and resources they need for accurate diagnosis and successful treatment.Our physicians are also passionate about treating nerve damage to help lower your pain and get you back to more normal life.
From X-ray and MRI to outpatient surgery and hand therapy, we offer comprehensive hand and arm care to our patients.
Common conditions and injuries treated in our offices include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis of the hand
- DeQuervain’s tendonitis
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Trigger finger
- Ganglion cysts
- Flexor tendon and extensor tendon injuries
- Radial tunnel syndrome
- Fractures and trauma
- Congenital abnormalities of the hand
- Rotator cuff tears
- Labrum tears
- Shoulder impingement
- Shoulder instability
- Frozen shoulder
- Separated and dislocated shoulder
- Clavicle fracture (broken collarbone)
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis)
- Pitcher’s elbow
Treatment for hand and upper extremity conditions is usually conservative, but in some instances surgery is necessary. If that happens, take comfort in knowing that our hand experts have extensive experience and fellowship training to treat disorders of the hand, wrist, shoulder, and elbow.
Some of the most common procedures they perform include:
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery
- Open release carpal tunnel surgery
- Open surgery for wrist fractures
- Wrist fusion and arthroscopy
- Needle aponeurotomy
- Complex hand reconstruction
- Thumb joint arthroplasty/reconstruction
- Finger joint replacement (Basal joint/PIP/MCP)
- Hand nerve injury repair
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Rotator cuff repair
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse shoulder replacement
- Fracture surgery
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Surgery for tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
- Surgery for cubital tunnel syndrome
Following an injury or surgery, our occupational therapists and certified hand therapist can help you regain function and dexterity to perform the everyday tasks you once took for granted – at home, at work, or while playing sports.
Let us help you get back to enjoying your life again. Call our hand and upper extremity specialists in Colorado Springs at (719) 632-7669 to schedule.